People in Grimsby this Saturday 19 March 2022 are invited to come along to a brand new free family festival designed to celebrate the town’s creativity, culture and heritage and make Grimsby voices heard.
Producer Chelsey Everatt said: “Grimsby Creates Noise is a jam-packed day-long festival that celebrates the voices of the people of Grimsby and best of all, it’s completely free, takes place outdoors and in public spaces, and is accessible to everyone.
“You can expect hip-hop music, dance, parkour and art workshops across the town centre – plus some surprising acts popping up where you least expect them! Come into the town centre this Saturday 19 March to enjoy the performances, and to take part in our free workshops.
“Free events and workshops range from the UK premiere of Grimsby’s People Power Partnership and Pan Optikum’s visually-stunning dance performance including talented young Grimsby dancers; to a Noise Academy collaboration, which also gives Grimsby’s young people a chance to shine. In this collaboration, North East Lincolnshire Council’s Music Hub, Hull’s Beats Bus and almost 200 school pupils from five Grimsby primary schools have been learning new skills in street dance, beatboxing, DJing, rapping and lyric writing especially for the event.”
Pupils aged between nine and 11 years old from Littlecoates Primary Academy, Willows Academy, William Barcroft Junior School, Waltham Leas Primary Academy and St Mary’s Catholic Primary Voluntary Academy will all be taking part.
As well as performances by Grimsby talented youngsters and their mentors, other highlights from Saturday’s exciting line-up include:
- Drop-in parkour workshops with Team Reality for ages four and upward in St James’ Square.
- Grimsby Creates Doodles illustration workshops with Our Big Picture in St James’ Square.
- An exhibition from Creative Connections and a VR dance experience in Freshney Place shopping centre.
- Sound Catchers will be walking around capturing sounds and making noise!
- Roll Play – a thrilling performance by Simple Cypher in St James’ Square.
- Percussion performances in Abbeygate shopping centre and St James’ Square.
- An interactive performance, Bell Orchestra, by Beautiful Creatures Theatre in St James Square.
- Find Your Funny – an introduction to stand-up comedy for age 18-plus in St James’ Hotel.
- Mirror Divas popping up where you least expect them!
- A day-long Teenage Market in Top Town Market.
Grimsby Creates Noise is part of the wider Grimsby Creates programme run by North East Lincolnshire Council and promises a fun, accessible and family-friendly day of events. Grimsby Creates is a three -year creative development programme that celebrates the town’s culture, creativity and heritage and is funded by the DCMS and administered by Arts Council England. Grimsby Creates is a £5.3m programme that delivers ambitious and collaborative events such as Grimsby Creates Noise, Festival of the Sea, Paint The Town Proud and the recently-launched Edible Grimsby and #MyFishGY, helps local creative organisations to grow and builds new spaces for creative businesses and events.
This Saturday’s Grimsby Creates Noise festival will come to a close with a UK premiere dance performance of Grimsby’s People Power Partnership with European partners Pan Optikum, run by Grimsby Creates and Magna Vitae.
James Trowsdale, strategic lead for culture at Grimsby Creates, said:
“We are really excited to see the wide variety of artists and acts coming to Grimsby for people to watch and participate in the Grimsby Creates Noise festival. We’re particularly keen to see the UK premiere of the People Power Partnership unique dance performance to close our Grimsby Creates Noise festival on Saturday evening.”
Councillor Callum Procter is North East Lincolnshire Council’s Portfolio Holder with responsibilities for tourism and economic growth. He is delighted to see this project underway as part of the wider cultural programme.
“Here we see Grimsby creating noise for all the right reasons. It is fantastic to see so many people of all ages getting involved and importantly being inspired by the work of Grimsby Creates. There is a cultural scene across North East Lincolnshire now that is growing in front of our eyes and we can look forward to so much more as the year progresses. From Festivals, to projections on the sides of buildings and ‘Edible Grimsby’, there is something for everyone.”
- View the full Grimsby Creates Noise lineup at co.uk/grimsby-creates-noise/
- Book free tickets for workshops and the Saturday 19 March performance by People Power Partnership and Pan Optikum at: co.uk/o/grimsby-creates-noise-42042248993
- Find on Facebook @GrimsbyCreatesCulture on Twitter @GrimsbyCreates and Instagram @grimsbycreates